The World’s Largest and Most Famous Supercar Rally Comes to Bardstown
When: May 30, Memorial Day
What: Cars will be displayed on the 1st and 2nd Block of North Third Street in Bardstown, KY
Where to park: Parking & Trolley Stop locations below
February 22, 2022
[Bardstown, KY] – The city of Bardstown has been selected as a stop along the 22nd Annual Gumball 3000 Rally, the world’s largest and most famous luxury automotive road rally. The Gumball 3000 is a bucket list event for celebrities, influencers and billionaires alike to drive in this once in a lifetime adventure. The rally boasts 100 to 150 of the world’s most spectacular supercars driving 3000 miles in seven days, whilst hosting public and private events in each city it passes through.
This year, the Gumball 3000 travels from Toronto to Havana between May 27th and June 3rd, 2022. Bardstown, Kentucky has been selected by the organizers as the prime location to stop between Indianapolis and Nashville. Cars will be departing from Indianapolis after breakfast, traveling southbound to Bardstown, KY and then on to Nashville, TN. The Bardstown portion of the Gumball 3000 car rally will take place on May 30th from 11AM (EST) to 3PM (EST) on the first and second blocks of North 3rd Street in downtown Bardstown. Bardstown was selected because of its small town charm and notable accolades, such as The Bourbon Capital of the World and the “Most Beautiful Small Town in America” designation.
“The Gumball 3000 will bring media exposure for the city of Bardstown to both domestic and international audiences, as well as attract visitors that want a view of these luxury supercars. The event will be live streamed on all Gumball 3000 social media and youtube platforms, allowing us to reach a global audience”, says Samantha Brady, Executive Director of Bardstown Tourism.
Gumball 3000 has evolved into a global entertainment company, attracting participants from all walks of life, as well as official partnerships from brands such as Nike, Red Bull, Sony Playstation, Hublot, YouTube, the Fiat Group, and EA Sports. Onlookers can expect to see over 140 incredible cars, everything from Bugattis to the Batmobile. In addition, this rally will bring global influencers, heads of industry, hip hop artists, royalty, film stars and sports legends to Bardstown. Previous participants include names such as Lewis Hamilton, EVE, Xzibit, Usher, Ken Griffey, Johnny Knoxville, Tony Hawk, and Afrojack, among many more.
To learn more about the 22nd Annual Gumball 3000, visit https://gumball3000.com/ .
Executive Director, Bardstown Nelson Co. Tourism
Memorial Day Business Hours
- Mammy’s Kitchen 3:00 p.m.- 9:00 p.m.
- Old Talbott Tavern 8:00 a.m.-10:00 a.m. breakfast buffet followed by lunch and dinner service
- Cafe Primo 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Fresh Closed
- Mad Hatter 7:00 a.m.- 5:00p.m.
- Scout and Scholar 11:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
- Hurst open normal business hours
- Bardstown Burger 11:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m.
- Brazen Bull 11:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
- Bullitt’s 11:00 a.m.- 9:00 p.m.
- Hadorn’s Closed
- 3rd Street Tap House 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 a.m.
- Xavier’s 11:00 a.m.- 4:00 p.m.
- The Volstead Bar 10:00 a.m.- 10:00 p.m.
- Making Good Scentz 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Tea Cozy 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Cozy Cottage 10:00 a.m. -5:00 p.m.
- Blind Pig Market 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Blind Boar Shanty 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Rustic Rose 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Shaq and CoCo 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- JT’s 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Bardstown Arts Gallery 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- AT Mary’s 10:00 a.m. -5:30 p.m.
- Cozy Cottage 10:00 a.m. -5:00 p.m.
- Just Barked 11:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Fire and Fluff 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Cute Little Shop 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Peacock on Third Closed
- Cactus Annie’s Normal business hours
- Mammy’s General Store 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- The Rickhouse Closed
- Wild Thyme 11:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Serendipity Salt & Skin Spa 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Heaven Hill Bourbon Experience 11AM-6PM
- Log Still Distillery At Dant Crossing, Tours & Tasting 10AM-5PM
- Makers Mark Distillery 10AM-5PM
- Oscar Getz Museum of Whiskey History & Bardstown Historical Museum, Spalding Hall 10AM-5PM
- Civil War Museum 10AM-5PM
- My Old Kentucky Home State Park, Mansion Tours & Gift Shop 9AM-5PM
- Old County Jail/Jailer’s Inn, Tours 2PM-6PM